So I kind of have a thing for tofu...however this wasn't always the case!
For years I avoided it after many bad experiences with dodgy texture and flavourless dishes, however since the rise of the plant based eaters and some culinary breakthroughs - tofu is now an exciting thing to have in the fridge! This tofu scramble is a weekly staple in our home, it's perfect on toast or served with rice mixed in.
140g of extra firm tofu (Tofoo is my preferred brand)
generous drizzle of soy sauce
Nutritional yeast (optional but HIGHLY recommended)
Just about anything works, so it's a real good opportunity to use what you have in the fridge!
1. Heat a knob of butter in a pan
2. Fry veg until cooked and crispy
3. Drain tofu and break into bite sized pieces (to resemble scrambled egg)
4. Add Soy sauce and allow some of the moisture to cook off
5. Add remaining seasoning
6. Serve with toast or with rice